Monday 16 September 2024

Of eating right

 In my twenties in the 1990's I liked sports and music from the radio, walks in the nature and read pietry and books of Zen Buddhism plus also Stephen Mitchell's translation of Tao-Te-Ching. I was changing profession from the university to some more practical life and my own lufe choices seemed to work well, make me happier. But my old study pal who had grown up in Vantaa, thought that it was a quest for Buddhist happiness, and he said that some who eat a lit are the happiest. I tried to explain that his image of tge happy fat man eating was essentially of a hubgry person eating ordinary traditional food of the country but on a couse center or the like where the kutchen knew the typical strains of that day and so had the nutrituents etc of the food suited to that. Such us an ordinary traditional parts of Finnush life, not the only highlight of the day. Now tens of years later I think that maybe my own lufe got somehow muxed with that goal of those from Vantaa. So I guess those foods are somehow needed. One must also notice that school abd studies seek to teach good healthy ways of living as parts of the society, so instead of technically going thibgs through luke maybe with pasta as food, the tjoughrs seek to be wise abd of healthy kibd, with clmmln sense and thinkibg wusely of the whole world, of good ways of living, balancedly diffwrent areas of life, veautiful valyes followed diligently which makes lives good and social relatilns rewardi g and fruendly but independent, well fit to the society in wise ways. The food eaten (after havkng been outfoors in autumn or spring weathers) was ordinary warm meat soup (like Lihakeitto by Saarioinen https://www.s-kaupat.fi/tuote/saarioinen-lihakeitto-300g/6412000031740 ) of cooked (with lots of water, some oil, salt and maybe some spice) pieces of potatoes, vegetables and meat. Plus a piece of kauraleipä, with butter or margarin upon it. And water or sour milk to drink with the meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my texts, please recommend them according to what is for good in the world

 I have the imoression that many read these texts of mine without really understanding that they are teaching material meant to be read out ...